Combine the essential highlights of Japan, Tokyo and Kyoto, with the off-the-beaten-track delights of Japan’s northernmost main island, Hokkaido to see the incredible contrasts Japan can offer. Starting with the modernity of Tokyo and the palaces and temples of Kyoto, you’ll combine that with the natural wonders of scenic Hokkaido, where wide open spaces, active volcanoes, bubbling hot springs and very few other tourists mean you can experience a completely different side of Japan away from the crowds. Taking this trip in May means Hokkaido will be covered in a blanket of cherry blossom, the most beautiful time of year to visit, whilst avoiding the peak sakura prices and occupancy levels in Kyoto, where sakura season will already be over by May (sakura season takes a while to travel upwards through the islands). You’ll be staying at carefully chosen four star hotels and eating at fine restaurants carefully selected to showcase the best of Japan’s many delicious cuisines, with hand-picked excursions accompanied by knowledgeable, English-speaking guides, enabling you to really get to know this magnificent destination.
- See Tokyo’s most iconic sights, from the neon lights of Shibuya to the historic Imperial Palace
- Discover Gion, Kyoto’s entertainment district, beautiful Himeji Castle and iconic Fushimi Inari Shrine
- Travel at speeds of over 200km/h on Japan’s amazing Bullet Trains
- See magnificent sakura accross Hokkaido, including at Goryokaku Park, with 1600 blossom trees planted on the banks of a star-shaped fortress
- Relax at a traditional ‘onsen’ hot spring resort, fed by natural geothermal activity
- Six carefully chosen lunches and six special dinners are included so you can experience the very best of Japanese cuisine