Geoffrey Bawa was the leading light of Sri Lankan architecture, creating visionary spaces which interacted with their natural surroundings, whilst combining striking modernity with elements of Sri Lanka’s layered architectural heritage. This two-week itinerary takes in Sri Lanka’s main highlights and includes stays in three of Bawa’s beloved creations to add an extra dimension to the experience. Set at a relaxing pace, the accommodation will delight as much as the island’s scenery, food and history.
- Visit the highlights of the cultural triangle: Anuradhapura, Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa, Dambulla and Mihintale
- Travel into the hill country to see the sacred Temple of the Tooth in Kandy and the tea plantations of Nuwara Eliya
- Relax on the stunning beach at unspoiled Tangalle
- Enjoy a whale-watching cruise looking for Blue Whales and four types of dolphins
- Immerse yourself in colonial culture at the evocative UNESCO Heritage-listed fortress of Galle
- Accompanied by a private driver-guide throughout